Public Speaking Instructor
Dynamic, animated and amiable with a quick wit, Allen Phillips entertains and captivates.
He holds a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree and a Canadian Securities Council Certificate. He has over 30 years of business experience as an owner and made his first public presentation at the age of 13.
When you have taken any other Public Speaking program, then take one from Allen. His focus is on Personal Presentation Techniques. He takes you one step beyond into personal style, being animated, the use of humour, harnessing your personal power and delivering it to your audience. What Allen demonstrates cannot be read in a book, you must experience it and participate in it.
Allen has published over 40 articles in various publications on topics such as Attitude,Customer Service, Stress and Supervision. He has also written and published a Bar Tenders Recipes Manual based on Canadian Standard drink recipes. Allen has served on Boards of Trade, Kiwanis, Chambers of Commerce, a regional Hospital Board and various volunteer boards.
If you are looking for a dynamic, animated presenter with substance and a unique style that can motivate and inspire, G. Allen Phillips delivers a very real message to an ever changing world.
St. Stephen NB Canada
Public Speaking Instructor
PRESENTING POWERFULLY … WITH CONFIDENCE
Whether your mission is to speak to one person or a thousand, your goal is identical…effective communication. In this session, learning will occur by doing and reviewing. A powerfully delivered presentation adds an invaluable dimension of professionalism to any organization or individual.
In this highly interactive program, you will be given a variety of tools and techniques for the dynamic delivery of presentations with impact.
After this program, you will have an effective means of self-expression. You will know how to represent your organization with presentations that will promote solid ideas. Effective communication will become an invaluable element of your individual success and professional development.
• Learning Your Lines
• Developing Stage Presence
• Just Before You Speak
• Impromptu Talks
• Practice, Problem-solve & Discuss
1.0 Learning Your Lines
• Inform, Explain, Convince, Entertain
• Carefully read your full speech
• Create Cue Cards
• Check Cue Card Effectiveness – Continuity & Flow
• Opening & Closing Lines
• 93 % rules
• Developing an Effective Delivery Style
• Voice Projection – Physiology 101
• How to Project – Common problem with projection
• Relaxing Your Body
• Voice Warm ups
• Convey Meaning – Say what you mean and mean what you say
• Projection, Pitch, Pace, Punctuation, Perceptivity
3.0 Developing Stage Presence
• Practice, Practice and then…Practice some more
• Content – The Message
• Delivery – The Medium
• Planning your Dress Rehearsal
• Evaluating the Dress Rehearsal Checklist
• Distracting Mannerisms – Shoot the Monkey
• The Bomb…A Microphone
• The Gilded Touch
4.0 Just Before You Speak
• Mee Mee Mee Mee Mee Mee
• Hum Hum Hum Hum
• Do’s and Don’ts
• Making Friends with the Microphone
5.0 Impromptu Talks
• Avoiding a heart attack
• Grab, Hold & Inform
• Quick Outline
• How to practice for an improv
6.0 Practice, Problem-solve & Discuss
• Presenting and recording your 3 minute speech