Table of Contents
- Biography – Donald Altman, Mindfulness
- Testimonials – Donald Altman, Mindfulness
Speaker: Donald Altman,
Professional Fees subject to change without notice
- $$ = – $15,000+
Expenses: As incurred
- Travels from: Oregon City, OR
- Expenses for Travel, (air and ground) Accommodations, Meals, Traveling Companion, and Incidentals are not included in the above fees.
- Discounted Fees: Under rare and special circumstances speakers may discount their fees at their discretion. i.e., booking multiple events with the same client. Non profit organizations may also qualify for a discount.
Biography – Donald Altman, Mindfulness
Donald Altman is a psychotherapist, an award-winning author, and a former Buddhist monk. Featured in The Mindfulness Movie and profiled in The Living Spiritual Teachers Project, he has written over 15 books that teach how to incorporate mindfulness into daily life. Award-winning books include: The Mindfulness Toolbox—winner of two Gold IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards as the best book in the “Psychology” and “Body-Mind-Spirit” categories, Clearing Emotional Clutter—named “One of the Best Spiritual Books of 2016,” and The Mindfulness Code—named “One of the Best Spiritual Books of 2010.” He recently participated in a published clinical study on mindfulness June 2019.
Altman has served the community for many years, as past vice-president of The Center for Mindful Eating and having been an adjunct professor in the Interpersonal Neurobiology program at Portland State University. As a national speaker for PESI, Altman has trained thousands of mental health professionals on changing the brain through mindfulness practices. He has appeared at over 600 keynote, public speaking and public training events.
● Mindfulness 2020—Why We Need Reflection for the 21st Century
● Mindful Eating—Finding Peace with Food, Body, and Eating
● Mindfulness in the Workplace—Why Mindfulness Matters at Work
● Enhancing Mindful Communication Skills
● The Power of Reflection—Building Community and Compassion
● Managing Stress—Tools for Health and Well Being
● Keys to Breathing—Tools for Relaxation and Insight
● Self-Care for Health and Overcoming Burnout
● Mindfulness for Resilience—Tools for Clarity and Hope
Customized Programs for Business, Education, and Healthcare
Is your workplace suffering from stress and burnout? It’s not unusual, given the demands of competition and the need to do more in less time.
When stress becomes counterproductive, it causes loss of productivity, lack of cooperative teamwork, and increased sick days and illness. Two of every three persons suffers from debilitating form of physical or emotional symptoms related to stress.
Altman’s CORE 4 Mindfulness Training:
- Optimizes Creativity
- Builds Leadership and Teamwork
- Enhances Life-Work Balance
- Improves Health and Productivity
Standalone Programs Include:
- 1-Day Advanced Mindfulness Techniques that Change the Brain
- 2-Day Advanced Mindfulness Toolbox for Managing Daily Stress and Chaos
- 10-Week Course in Mindfulness (for Physicians, Educators, and Business Leaders)
Keynote Topics Include:
- Winning Leadership with Mindfulness
- Mindfulness and Learning for Educators
- Mindful Self-Care for the Healthcare Field
All programs can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your group or organization. Contact us to find out what program is right for you.
Testimonials – Donald Altman, Mindfulness
● A warm and well-deserved thank you for your wonderful workshop and the work you are doing to change our suffering and hatred. Awesome! -Barbara Robison, Director of Mind Body Medicine, Mid-Columbia Hospital
● Thank you again for a wonderful workshop! I really enjoyed the new techniques you offered; it will enhance my practice! -Kat Soltanmorad, Former President California Dietetic Assoc., Orange District
● “I want to thank you for a great seminar and all the insight you provided in the world of mindful eating etc. I have discussed this at length with several of my weight loss classes and weight maintenance groups, and I hope to use more of it in the future. -Natalia Ullrich MS University California, Irvine Weight Management Program
● I want to thank you again for the great workshop on Sunday. I really appreciated being there and was inspired to incorporate what we learned more into my life and also into the counseling and teaching I do. So thank you for the inspiration and the tools to get started! -Rita Carey, RD, Prescott, Arizona
● Donald was rated as one of our top speakers of 2016. After delivering two presentations to over 4,000 coaches, his content on Mindfulness and his mastery of his work led him to become one of the highest received speakers of our 50 Global Thought-Leaders. –World Business Executive Coaching Summit
● Thanks again for the wonderful mindfulness training last week. I found it really valuable and learned a lot. –K. A., Clinical Assist. Professor
● I found your workshop to be incredibly helpful, both personally and professionally. Thank you!!
-D.S., Social Worker
● I enjoyed your very straightforward and down-to-earth presentation and I’m sure the content will be of help both professionally and personally. -P.G., Educator and Counselor
● Thanks for the inspiring thoughts. For me, it was a very special class, and for us to conclude the class in the forest area like we did, that’s something I’ll always remember and savor. -J.D., retreat participant