Table of Contents
Speaker: Dr. Janet Lapp, Change, Global Expert Leading through Fast Change
- Dr. Janet Lapp, Change, Global Expert Leading through Fast Change
Professional Fees subject to change without notice
- $$ = between $10,000 – $15,000
- Expenses: As incurred
- Travels from:
- Expenses for Travel, (air and ground) Accommodations, Meals, Traveling Companion, and Incidentals are not included in the above fees.
- Discounted Fees: Under rare and special circumstances speakers may discount their fees at their discretion. i.e., booking multiple events with the same client. Non profit organizations may also qualify for a discount.
Global Expert in Leading People Through Fast Change
Former professor, researcher, clinician, and registered nurse, Dr. Janet Lapp was born and raised in Québec, Canada; her PhD is from McGill University in Montreal. Over the past 30 years, she has inspired over 3,500 audiences around the world from Russia to Argentina to Hong Kong–with clients such as IBM, AT&T, Allstate, New York Life, Toyota, and Kawasaki – to adopt a mindset skilled in leading others through disruptive change. She is a dual citizen, presents in three languages, and regularly consults throughout Europe and the Americas.
A licensed clinical psychologist and author of five books, she has been admitted to the Speakers Hall of Fame, and one year was rated by Toastmasters as one of the top three speakers worldwide. She is the creator and host of the CBS series ‘Keep Well,’ and has appeared regularly on INN, ABC, CNN, and NBC affiliates.
The Ritz-Carlton team and IBM sales used her best-selling book Plant Your Feet Firmly in Mid-Air to help create their successful transformations. She is author of four other books: Dancing with Tigers, Positive Spin, Why Won’t They Listen to Me? (pack leadership), and on personal transformation: The Four Elements of Transformation. Her forthcoming business book (Wiley, 2024) highlights the disruptive leadership mindset needed to guide others through disruptive change.
A pilot and flight instructor, Janet has flown throughout South America and Africa on medical and rescue missions. She is a long time volunteer with the Flying Doctors of Mercy in central México and the founder of ‘Agua Limpia’, giving clean water access to the Sinaloa indigenous.
She is a National AG Triathlon champion, competed with Team USA at the Lausanne World Finals and reached IRONMAN Gold All World Athlete status for 2021.
Stay Standing: How to thrive with change
You need to stay focused, optimistic and forward moving …. despite disruption. You need a leader with the clinical skills to help people through trauma.
1. Through survey and interview, we find out what’s going on, how people really feel.
2. We find out which of five basic change reactions you have, to understand your own and others’ reaction styles. This increases understanding and empathy, and gives us a recovery roadmap.
3. We practice the skills that successful change adaptors use to stay focused and optimistic, no-matter-what. We learn to balance energy output and avoid burnout.
4. We learn how to look for opportunities and possibilities. Move from “what-if” worry to a “what-now” action plan.
5. Develop a Master Grid Plan that will lead to productive, high-value action. Starting from a new end vision or desired post-COVID future state, work backwards into short -term goals and devise action plans that are scheduled on a daily basis.
My mission is to give hope and optimism during difficult times; to show clear paths forward where there had been none before.
“Change is a force to be feared, or an opportunity to be seized. The choice is ours.”