Growing Your Business / Consumer Behavior / Future Trends in the Workplace / Futurist / Organizational Development / Growing Your People / Change / Human Resources
Travels: Flat Rate in Canada & USA
Fee Range: $25,000 – $30,000 USD
Table of Contents
Founder and CEO of Tomorrow, a consumer innovation research lab, Mike Walsh advises some of the world’s leading brands and corporations on what’s coming next in their industry. Author of the best seller FUTURETAINMENT, he is a leading authority on the intersection of emerging technologies, consumer behavior and fast growth markets. Constantly traveling the world for the best ideas, he distils the most relevant insights into tailored keynotes that allow any audience to not only understand, but also start to inﬂuence the future direction of their industry. Rather than focusing on the distant future, Mike focuses on the next five years – scanning the near horizon for disruptive technologies and consumer innovations on the verge of hitting critical mass – then translating these into usable business strategies.
Publisher of the ‘Disruptive Future’ blog read by thousands of professionals in the media and entertainment space, Mike’s unique insights and operating experience in emerging markets re breakthrough innovation and business transformation, makes him an expert on the growing influence of consumers in BRIC countries. His views have appeared in a wide range of international publications including Business Week, Forbes and Wallpaper Magazine.
The greatest threat we face is not robots replacing us, but our reluctance to reinvent ourselves.
We live in an age of wonder: cars that drive themselves, devices that anticipate our needs, and robots capable of everything from advanced manufacturing to complex surgery. Automation, algorithms, and AI will transform every facet of daily life, but are we prepared for what that means for the future of work, leadership, and creativity? While many already fear that robots will take their jobs, rapid advancements in machine intelligence raise a far more important question: what is the true potential of human intelligence in the twenty-first century?
Futurist and global nomad Mike Walsh has synthesized years of research and interviews with some of the world’s top business leaders, AI pioneers and data scientists into a set of 10 principles about what it takes to succeed in the algorithmic age. Across disparate cultures, industries, and timescales, Walsh brings to life the history and future of ideas like probabilistic thinking, machine learning, digital ethics, disruptive innovation, and de-centralized organizations as a foundation for a radically new approach to making decisions, solving problems, and leading people.
The Algorithmic Leader offers a hopeful and practical guide for leaders of all types, and organizations of all sizes, to survive and thrive in this era of unprecedented change. By applying Walsh’s 10 core principles, readers will be able to design their own journey of personal transformation, harness the power of algorithms, and chart a clear path ahead–for their company, their team, and themselves.
Mike has been a pioneer in the digital space since the 1990s, running both successful start-up ventures as well as holding senior leadership positions in established media organizations. With a background in corporate law and management consulting, he began his career at XT3, a spin out from McKinsey and one of the first digital consulting firms created to help major companies embrace the embroynic Web. During the first dotcom boom, Mike launched the technology publishing group internet.com in Australia, which went on to become the leading local technology news and events platform in the country. He also founded and ran Jupiter Research in the Asia Pacific, one of the first research agencies to track the early adoption of e-commerce and digital business models by online consumers. During this period, he was recognized as one of Australia’s “Top 30 Entrepreneurs Under 30.”
After his experiences in the Web space, Mike spent five years in senior strategy roles at News Corporation where he helped shape the digital strategy for both their Australian newspaper and Asian TV divisions. Directly engaged by the CEO of Star TV to provide the company with a digital roadmap for their operations, he began his in-depth research into the fast growth markets of Asia.
While in Hong Kong and inspired by the dramatic changes taking place in China and India, Mike founded his latest venture, Tomorrow – an innovation research lab focused on emerging technology and disruptive consumer behavior. Always in demand for his fresh insights and practical future-focused strategies, Mike has advised the CEOs and senior management teams at multinational companies including: the BBC, Fujiﬁlm, Richemont, MSN, Star TV, Televisa, Philips, and HSBC.
In addition to his corporate profile, Mike is a published photographer and supporter of the Arts. His photographic images from his travels around the world helped his book, FUTURETAINMENT, win an Art Director’s Club award in NYC. He has also served on the Director’s Circle at the Australian Museum of Contemporary Art.
As a global nomad and consumer trend scout, Mike does live research, in the trenches, with big corporations and entrepreneurs all over the world bringing a truly global perspective to every event.
Mike’s personal manifesto: “Everything is changing. How we live, how we work and how we play. But to understand the future you need to focus on anthropology (the study of human beings) not technology. After all, as interesting as it is when things change, the real magic happens when people do.”
Mike Walsh KeynotesMike Walsh helps prepare business leaders for what’s next. With an engaging blend of first hand stories, global case studies and cutting edge research into consumer and technology trends, Mike brings the future to life for you and your audience with these four core programs:
- The Big Data Revolution
- FUTURETAINMENT – what’s next for your customers?
- FLEX – what’s next for your enterprise?
- WORLD NEXT – what’s next for the world?
You can experience these topics as either a high impact 50 minute keynote or a half day workshop with interactive exercises and facilitated discussion.
Supported by a global network of analysts and researchers, Mike takes the time to work with you and your team to tailor his presentations to directly address the issues directly relevant to your company and industry.
The BIG DATA Revolution
There is a new war coming – over the future’s most valuable asset. Big Data, once just the domain of technology professionals, will soon be the number one issue for all business leaders. Consumers are producing more of it, marketers are starting to leverage it, and governments are seeking to control it – and most importantly, business leaders will be asked to make decisions based on it.
The real Big Data revolution is not just about the amount of data that has to be processed, but a mindset change about how data gets used in the enterprise.
With original research, practical evaluations of disruptive strategies and case studies from some of the world’s most innovative firms, Mike Walsh will give you the roadmap you need to set your Big Data strategy in place for 2014. He offers cutting-edge information that each type of audience member needs to hear.
For IT Leaders:
- The new mindset required to integrate third party Cloud platforms and experiment with exotic Big Data technology platforms
- Meeting the challenge of engaging business decision makers to commit to Big Data investments
For Marketing Leaders:
- How to rethink your marketing based on real time data and emergent patterns in consumer behaviour
- The convergent trends of mobilization, consumerization and Big Data and what they will mean to how you approach and personalize your customer experiences
For Senior Decision Makers:
- Incorporating data into strategic decision making
- Innovative approaches to data visualization as a tool for communicating trends and patterns
- Relevant case studies of the “winners circle” of companies who, today, are making the big bets on tomorrow’s Big Data platforms
FUTURETAINMENT – Yesterday The World Changed – Now Its Your Turn
Based on Mike Walsh’s best selling book, FUTURETAINMENT is a fast paced tour of the latest technologies, global trends, and case studies that will forever change the way you think about your relationship with your customers.
In this session Mike shares:
- The most disruptive trends specifically researched for your industry
- Products and promotions that will engage the next generation of consumers
- Consumer innovations from fast growth emerging markets
- The value of big data, compelling content and next generation behavioral analytics
- Global best practices in mobile applications and platforms
- Original video interviews with the scientists, innovators and entrepreneurs whose ideas will drive the future of your business
FLEX – Business Re-Imagined
What does it take to lead a 21st century company? New technology is not only an opportunity to improve productivity, it invites us to ask a much bigger question – can we re-imagine the way we do business?
In this session Mike shares:
- The new digital platforms and enterprise tools that can change the relationship you have with your customers and competitors
- The worldview of your next generation of staff and the new management styles necessary to lead them through disruptive times
- The new models of innovation suitable for the current, fast paced, uncertain global environment
- How consumerization, enterprise mobility and the Cloud will change the way your teams colloborate and act on information
- Relevant case studies of the ‘winners circle’ of companies who have survived disruptive change
- A roadmap for your company’s future and identify the capabilities you will need to take it there
WORLD NEXT – Your Roadmap To The Global Future
Social unrest, economic turmoil, rapid technological change – we live in a world seemingly dominated by crisis. And yet if you look more closely, you may also see a different set of patterns giving rise to new markets, new consumers and new ways to do business.
The future is already here, you just need to know where to look. Disruptive mobile technology from China to India’s low cost business models, next generation mobile banking in Africa and social consumerism in South America – innovation is shifting to a new geography.
How we interact, transact and entertain ourselves in the future will be shaped by a billion new consumers from emerging markets. WORLD NEXT is your roadmap to understanding and accessing the growth potential of tomorrow’s world.
In this session Mike shares:
- How the Web of tomorrow will be different from the one we use today
- New markets, consumers and technology trends that will be essential for the global growth of your business
- Case studies of international companies who have successfully leveraged cultural forces for local market success
- The disruptive innovation models of your emerging market competitors
- The new management styles necessary for leadership in fluid, hyper-competitive and uncertain global markets
- The winners and losers in the new digital world order and your company’s readiness to survive or thrive
Mike Walsh’s Technical Requirements
Mike’s presentation uses a heavy amount of images and video, all embedded into his Keynote deck that he runs from his current generation Macbook Pro. Due to the custom nature of his presentation, it is not possible to run the slides from another machine or provide them prior to the presentation. He recommends allowing at least 30 minutes testing time prior to the event.
Our requirements are as follows:
• A digital data projector with either a VGA or DVI connection. Mike will supply the connecting dongle for his laptop. • 3.5mm sound lead to play audio from the laptop. • Mike will supply his own Logitech remote, but if the AV desk is far from the stage, we recommend you make available a USB range extender that provides line of sight coverage to the stage. • Mike’s presentation is anamorphic, and can display in either 4:3 or 16:9. If your display is widescreen, we recommend that the source image be stretched to fit. • A fold back screen (a monitor so Mike can see which slides are onscreen from anywhere on stage). • Mike doesn’t require a lectern, and we recommend you keep the stage as clear as possible for him to move around. • A wireless lapel or headset microphone (preferred). • A bottle of water on stage, and prior to the performance warm water/tea with honey and lemon. • Mike will bring an ATOMOS Ninja field recording device to take a copy of the live video feed of the presentation. He can connect to your vision desk via HDMI or HDSDI (assuming there is embedded audio).
[youtube_sc url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxPDSBOeqeE” title=”Atlantic%20Speakers%20Bureau%20-%20Mike%20Walsh” border=”1″ autohide=”1″ rel=”0″]