Table of Contents
- Keynote Speaker Topics
- Suggested Keynote Speaker Programs
- REFRAMING DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION; HOW DIFFERENCE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- ATHENA AFFECT: MAXIMIZING THE FEMALE POTENTIAL IN YOUR ORGANIZATION
- EQ & INCLUSION: UNLOCKING THE VALUE OF DIVERSITY TO ADDRESS RACIAL INJUSTICE
- TURNING OBSTACLES INTO OPPORTUNITIES: HARNESSING THE BLACK & BIPOC WOMEN ADVANTAGE
- OPENING THE APERTURE: BUILDING DIVERSE TALENT PIPELINES
- IT’S OK NOT TO BE OKAY: ACTIVATING INCLUSION TO DRIVE WELL-BEING & MENTAL HEALTH
Speaker: Wema Hoover
- Wema Hoover, Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Leader, Executive Coach, Culture Curator, & former Google Global Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Professional Fees subject to change without notice
- $$$$ = Under 30,000
Expenses: As incurred
- Travels from:
- Expenses for Travel, (air and ground) Accommodations, Meals, Traveling Companion, and Incidentals are not included in the above fees.
- Discounted Fees: Under rare and special circumstances speakers may discount their fees at their discretion. i.e., booking multiple events with the same client.
- Non profit organizations may also qualify for a discount.
Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Leader, Executive Coach & Culture Curator. Previously, she led global DEI efforts for Google, Pfizer, Sanofi, and Bristol-Myers Squibb to help inform and guide corporate leadership.
Throughout her career, Wema has led teams of more than 85 people and developed multiple Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Councils to build internal capabilities related to belonging, unconscious bias, cultural competence, and global leadership.
As a DE&I thought leader, Wema served as a member of the Coqual (Center for Talent Innovation) Hidden Brain Drain Task Force where she provided best practice D&I research working across global markets in China, India, and the US. In addition, Wema is a National Member of the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) and a sought-after speaker on DE&I topics for organizations including The Conference Board, Working Mother, and Diversity Best Practices.
Wema is also an executive coach who holds a Master of Science in Human Resource Management and a Master’s-level Certificate in Organizational Change Management both from New School University. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Rutgers University and a certification as a Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR) through the Human Resources Certification Institute.
Keynote Speaker Topics
- Branding Keynote Speakers
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Keynote Speakers
- Human Resources (HR) Keynote Speakers
- Leadership Keynote Speakers
- Women in Technology Keynote Speakers
Suggested Keynote Speaker Programs
REFRAMING DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION; HOW DIFFERENCE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
In this keynote session, Wema demonstrates how to harness diversity to unlock an organization’s skills and abilities through inclusive practices leading to increased employee engagement and collaboration, breakthrough thinking and enhanced innovation. Wema also discusses unconscious bias, how to create a culture of belonging, overcoming unconscious bias, cultural competence, and global leadership.
ATHENA AFFECT: MAXIMIZING THE FEMALE POTENTIAL IN YOUR ORGANIZATION
During this keynote presentation, Wema focuses on developing an organization’s capabilities to leverage the unique abilities, skills and leadership qualities of women through sponsorship, advocacy and intentional inclusion.
EQ & INCLUSION: UNLOCKING THE VALUE OF DIVERSITY TO ADDRESS RACIAL INJUSTICE
Wema explains the critical link between emotional intelligence and inclusion. This discussion explores the practical ways to build EQ in leaders, activate inclusion and promote equity to address racial injustice and embed equitable practices in organizational culture. Wema also discusses unconscious bias: how to identify it, how to acknowledge it, how to overcome it and how to prevent it.
TURNING OBSTACLES INTO OPPORTUNITIES: HARNESSING THE BLACK & BIPOC WOMEN ADVANTAGE
Keynote discussing practical ways for Black women to turn their perceived obstacles into valuable assets to become extraordinary professionals, leaders enabling them to thrive and succeed.
OPENING THE APERTURE: BUILDING DIVERSE TALENT PIPELINES
Keynote focused on proven strategies to attract, retain and develop diverse talent internally and externally to build future talent pipelines. This discussion highlights ways to create cultures of belonging for diverse talent to stay and thrive.
IT’S OK NOT TO BE OKAY: ACTIVATING INCLUSION TO DRIVE WELL-BEING & MENTAL HEALTH
Keynote focused on understanding and addressing the impact the global pandemic has had on employee’s well being and mental health. This discussion highlights ways to integrate inclusion, equity and belonging to drive sustainable practices to support employee’s overall health and well-being.